Search the forum,

Discuss Double radiator bleed screw puzzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just drained my standard gravity fed system and replaced a couple of TRVs. I'm just about to re-fill, but I have noticed that a couple of the double radiators only have one bleed screw. Some of them have 2 screws as I would expect, one for each half, at the top on the "inside" of the radiator. Two of them have what appears to be a blanking plate of some sort where the bleed screw would normally be. I'm very reluctant to try to prise it off in case it's there by design and water explodes everywhere.

There is no pipe joining the two radiator halves at the top, so I'm at a loss to understand how the side without a bleed screw can fill with water (nowhere for the air to go). Anyone have any ideas?
Couple of photos attached of one of the radiators that has 2 bleed screws and one that only has one.

Any advice gratefully received! DSC_0123.jpgDSC_0122.jpg

The covers pop off and will be another bleed screw

You're a star. I guess the builders either couldn't be bothered to re-fit all the covers, or they never bled that side!

You're a star. I guess the builders either couldn't be bothered to re-fit all the covers, or they never bled that side!

Normally they fall out or split or the lazy never get put in :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Double radiator bleed screw puzzle in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock