Search the forum,

Discuss Does this system need a bypass valve ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Visited a friend's house after an extension has been built. Part of this was relocating the boiler and controls. The system was converted from a gravity fed hot water and pumped heating to an S Plan system.

They had said that they had a problem with the hot water heating when heating was requested and I had told them that it was probably the two port valve that was faulty.

On seeing the results , the plumber had now installed another two port valve and installed a pipe joining the system skipping the faulty 2 port valve. The plumber didn't decommission the faulty valve.

When looking , I noted that there was also no bypass valve installed after the pump.

Is the installation of a bypass valve needed for an S Plan ?

Thanks in advance

Reply to Does this system need a bypass valve ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just installed second zone onto my ideal independent c35 original I had one hive thermostat now I added two two port valves ( with Bypass) and two hive thermostat V3 it wired into a wiring centre looking at the wiring on the boiler shall I put back the room stat/ timer loop back in as...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 12 year old house with a system comprising of a gas boiler with header tank and hot water cylinder also with header tank, there are no TRV's in the aiting cupboard around the 3 way valve is what appears to be some kind of bypass - highlighted in yellow - .... what is...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
When either of the 2 port motorised valves closes, I get a loud clunk. A Honeywell automatic bypass valve was fitted a year or so back to replace a gate valve bypass. I'm happy its in the correct position & orientation, Its set to 0.2 bar. I don't believe we had this clunk last year. I suspect...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock