Search the forum,

Discuss Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

The UFH feels a bit patch in a few of the rooms so investigated the UFH controller...

What's this red stuff and should I be concerned about it?

IMG_3847.jpg

Looks like the system needs flushing

I would say start with flushing and new Chems

new builds often miss the chems bit and just fill with standard water

Depends on a lot of factors best to get a couple of quotes might be best to get some new flow meters aswell saves trying to clean them (there the red things at the top)

Thanks, any idea on how much that might cost?
Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.

Unless you're in a very expensive part of the country, probably a few hundred quid. Don't leave the job too long as that red colour is a sign that somewhere in the system some part(s) are corroding and that needs to be stopped.
We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?

We've not long moved in and it's a new build.. Worth getting the construction firm back?
Worth a try.

If it were me, I'd start nice but make my complaint / claim in writing and give them one chance and a limited time, say one month, to complete the work needed. If they wouldn't play ball I proceed as advised above and try to reclaim the money from the builder.

These days I usually work on the assumption that any unsatisfactory work will end up as a dispute until proven otherwise. So, I take the steps and collect the evidence needed for a future small claims court case as I go along. You can get a checklist of what's needed from the SCC online claims site or Citizens Advice. In practice, once cowboys realise you know what you're doing they stop messing around.

Reply to Does this look right? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock