Search the forum,

Discuss Does this look right to you? in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've recently purchased a home where the prior owners have had some sub-standard work done in the past.

The pipework in the photos is the hot water feed from the solar panels down to the hot water tank. It looks like the copper pipe has been routed quite strangely, and has been bent to the point the pipe has constricted.

I want to get this re-done so I can apply some new cladding on the soffits and it seems the best thing to do would be the pipe re routed behind the soffit.

Thoughts?!

Attachments

• IMG_20210321_101952.jpg
    IMG_20210321_101952.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210321_102007.jpg
    IMG_20210321_102007.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210321_102749.jpg
    IMG_20210321_102749.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 26
If your going to re pipe it i would personal use the pre insulated flexible stainless steel tube intended for solar thermal. If you use copper no soldered joints use brass olives on compression fittings and insulation intended for solar eg armaflex high temperature,.
Probably best to find a competent engineer experienced in this type of work.

Reply to Does this look right to you? in the Renewables area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock