Search the forum,

Discuss Does my Greenstar CDi have a problem with Siphon Fill Mode ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

My Greenstar CDi boiler goes into Siphon Fill mode multiple times a day for 15 minutes at a time - this means that there is a 15 min lag between the thermostat clicking on and the boiler leaving the siphon fill mode and kicking in and heat returning to the radiators.

Im looking for a steer on whether the boiler being in siphon fill mode so often is normal or an error ?

I have had an engineer in a couple of times - first time he changed the sensor in the boiler and now he wants to change the thermostat.

Thanks Mia

I’m guessing it’s a heat only boiler ?

if I’m correct you haven’t got a permanent live at the boiler hence your problem (which it needs)

I’m guessing it’s a heat only boiler ?

if I’m correct you haven’t got a permanent live at the boiler hence your problem (which it needs)
Thanks - its heat & hot water but we dont use the hot water

So youre saying that every time it gets turned on it is initialising itself because it doesnt have the permament live ? Is this something I can check or do I get the engineer back to check ?

On the boiler Front right hand side bottom should be a sticker what does it say ?

Should say something like

Worcester Greenstar 42cdi combi or heat only

eg

Attachments

• 754335FD-E62C-4CDF-B855-4D6FA51D031F.jpeg
    754335FD-E62C-4CDF-B855-4D6FA51D031F.jpeg
    316.2 KB · Views: 7
Just ask the Engineer to switch off syphon fill mode from the programming codes.

if it has suddenly started to do it, there is an issue - if it has always done it, it is wired incorrectly.

in essence everytime the boiler is repowered it will go into syphon mode unless that mode is switched off.

It sounds as if your engineer is unfamiliar with these type of Worcester boilers.

Yep heat only needs a permanent live

Just ask the Engineer to switch off syphon fill mode from the programming codes.

if it has suddenly started to do it, there is an issue - if it has always done it, it is wired incorrectly.

in essence everytime the boiler is repowered it will go into syphon mode unless that mode is switched off.

It sounds as if your engineer is unfamiliar with these type of Worcester boilers.

cant do that as if the trap is dry it can let poc out

Reply to Does my Greenstar CDi have a problem with Siphon Fill Mode ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock