Search the forum,

Discuss Does my dishwasher waste require a trap/ubend in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

In my boredom I thought I would renew the 40 mm dish washer waste piping. It basically goes from inside the kitchen through the outside wall and discharges into the gate/gully under the kitchen sink using 40mm pipe and elbows but no u bend/trap.
Its clearly not connected directly to the sewer and so my question is do I need to fit a bend/trap which I assume is to prevent sewer gases leaking into the house but the gully/grate u bend does that.
Much appreciated
bryn

The water in a U bend will stop sewer smells, wind and rodents, do you need one or not is your choice.

Reply to Does my dishwasher waste require a trap/ubend in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
Morning all, A diy'er here. I'm installing a new kitchen in a room on the opposite side of the house and need run the sink and dishwasher waste under the floor to the opposite side and go out where the existing kitchen is, around 9m. The driveway and garage are outside the wall in the new...
Replies
Views
I have an Ikea sink with trap however the waste fkexi hose does not connect to the 1 1/2 white waste pipe. Is there any fitting I can get to connect the two together or should I use normal traps and bends from the holes in the sink.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock