Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone use an angle drill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Any recommendations?
I have Makita stuff so looking at the keyed and keyless 18v

That's next on my list. Currently just use an Irwin angled bit which doesn't quite cut it. The bare 18v Makita angle drills ain't too bad price wise.

will update you in a bit :D

you seen the 36v makita angled drill?

I have a makita 240 v , dont use it much but its invaluable when you need it . Lovely bit of kit .

They are bigger than a non angle drill.
Surly,then what’s the point in

That one I posted will be the extreme you can get smaller ones hole hawg

I have the 240 volt Makita angled drill and it is good, particularly for holes through timber for waste pipes, on the rare occasion it has to be done

I have the 240 volt Makita angled drill and it is good, particularly for holes through timber for waste pipes, on the rare occasion it has to be done

Is it a keyed or keyless chuck?

Is it a keyed or keyless chuck?

Old fashioned keyed chuck.
Had it for a lot of years now, but still brand new condition as doesn’t get much use.
I know there used to be 2 models of Makita angle drill at that time - the better one had the handle up at the chuck, which makes it much easier to push the drill while it drills

Stubby impact driver with a flat bit or auger does me for a pipe or cable run through joists, stops with all that wrestling plus I don't put up timber framed buildings very often. ;)

I'd be lost without my angle drill . I use it loads .
It's Makita 240v I have but I've been eyeing up the Milwaukee beasts but reviews have been very mixed.

I'd be lost without my angle drill . I use it loads .
It's Makita 240v I have but I've been eyeing up the Milwaukee beasts but reviews have been very mixed.

Hole hawg ?

Yeh the hawg that's the beast

I have the Milwaukee M28 which is really good . Had it about 12 years, still going strong.

I also have a Milwaukee M18 hole hawg, the smaller one. Very good also, better than above with spade bits due to higher speed.

I also have the larger Makita 110v one which has a 2speed gear box. Can do 6inch holes no prob.

The flexvolt looks good.

Keyed chucks are better for the torque of these drills

Reply to Does anyone use an angle drill? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock