Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone recognise this tap? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
this is my first post, so hello to everyone!

We have a tap in our kitchen which has started leaking from the joystick cartridge - (though we’ve had it for 10 years and we’re in a very hard water area, so i think it’s probably done pretty well). Anyway my question is, does anyone recognise it? It’s quite distinctive and we think it may be German, (as I say it’s about 10 years old). The only advice we’ve had is to get a new cartridge before I try and remove the old one because I’ll probably never get it back in again!
If anyone has any other advice, or alternative solutions to fix it I would of course be interested and grateful!

thanks very much in advance,
cheers,
Daf

Attachments

• 5ABB71BA-0FCD-4668-B73D-E89429A20B1B.jpeg
    5ABB71BA-0FCD-4668-B73D-E89429A20B1B.jpeg
    663 KB · Views: 34
Might be better changing the tap tbh, doesn’t always work changing the cartridge.
Thanks Aquarius - Yeh, you're right, and I realise that it may well come to that; but we really like it's sleek and smaller than average design, (and it's been really good and reliable), so we'd like to try and save it if at all possible.

I would say the advice you have been given is wrong. There will almost certainly be identifying numbers on the cartridge so I would start by removing that - the only reason you won’t be able to refit it is if it breaks into pieces- so be careful!

I would say the advice you have been given is wrong. There will almost certainly be identifying numbers on the cartridge so I would start by removing that - the only reason you won’t be able to refit it is if it breaks into pieces- so be careful!
Hi Ben-gee,
Ah, ok... Thanks for that. I guess perhaps it depends on the quality of the manufacture; i.e. if it were Chinese say, then generic and probably no idents; but as we think it's German, you reckon there's a good chance there'll be something inside...?
Actually I'm a little surprised there's no maker's mark on the outside tbh - you'd think most manufacturers would want to advertise...

Note to self - keep a receipt, (or notes) next time! ;)

Thanks again.
Daf

Thanks Aquarius - Yeh, you're right, and I realise that it may well come to that; but we really like it's sleek and smaller than average design, (and it's been really good and reliable), so we'd like to try and save it if at all possible.
Respect your restraint.

In my experience, when the drip is from the spout you can be more confident that the cartridge is still intact. When it's leaking from the handle area it's more likely to be cracked and may come apart when you access it. There are two mono cartridges that are sold in Screwfix for about a fiver each, I keep one of each in stock and they are good for 90% of the monos I repair.
The ones I can't repair on first visit : I either end up searching google images for a replacement cartridge or replace the tap, depends on how long the customer is prepared to wait.

Looks like one I fitted a little while ago, does it illuminate the flowing water with coloured light?

I use divapou
r for tap and shower spares not cheap but a good outfit who do their best to get the part identified and if possible supplied we worth a search on their site

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-075805.png
    Screenshot_20210116-075805.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210116-075844.png
    Screenshot_20210116-075844.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 9
Looks like one I fitted a little while ago, does it illuminate the flowing water with coloured light?
Thanks for that - no It doesn't do that, but then it's about 10 years old, so if you think you recognise the shape it may be an earlier version of the one you fitted perhaps? The "joystick" is pretty distinctive...

Last edited:
In my experience, when the drip is from the spout you can be more confident that the cartridge is still intact. When it's leaking from the handle area it's more likely to be cracked and may come apart when you access it. There are two mono cartridges that are sold in Screwfix for about a fiver each, I keep one of each in stock and they are good for 90% of the monos I repair.
The ones I can't repair on first visit : I either end up searching google images for a replacement cartridge or replace the tap, depends on how long the customer is prepared to wait.
Thanks JC - that's really great advice! it is leaking from the handle area; but the fact that you say cartridges are standard and generally of two types really helps... I'll take a look at Screwfix - for a tenner it's definitely worth a try!
I have tried a google image search; I thought that as it's an unusual design I might have some luck, but I think I was overestimating the abilities of Google's algorithm - I got a surprising number of black swans! 😆

Hi all,
this is my first post, so hello to everyone!

We have a tap in our kitchen which has started leaking from the joystick cartridge - (though we’ve had it for 10 years and we’re in a very hard water area, so i think it’s probably done pretty well). Anyway my question is, does anyone recognise it? It’s quite distinctive and we think it may be German, (as I say it’s about 10 years old). The only advice we’ve had is to get a new cartridge before I try and remove the old one because I’ll probably never get it back in again!
If anyone has any other advice, or alternative solutions to fix it I would of course be interested and grateful!

thanks very much in advance,
cheers,
Daf
hello

I notice there's no mark of a manufacturer ? but any way I suggest if you keep the manual how to install it would be the best guide to do it

Attachments

• forum pic taps german.png
    forum pic taps german.png
    563 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for that - no It doesn't do that, but then it's about 10 years old, so if you think you recognise the shape it may be an earlier version of the one you fitted perhaps? The "joystick" is pretty distinctive...
Pretty sure I have the installation manual slipped inside of a Plumfix catalogue or something similar. Just rooted through the crap in my car looking for it but don't see it. I'll look again when it's not freezing and peeing down outside. I do know they bought it from eBay though which doesn't help the situation at all.

Pretty sure I have the installation manual slipped inside of a Plumfix catalogue or something similar. Just rooted through the crap in my car looking for it but don't see it. I'll look again when it's not freezing and peeing down outside. I do know they bought it from eBay though which doesn't help the situation at all.
Aw, thanks so much Keefy - that’s above and beyond the call! Much appreciated.

yeh, I think we bought it from a fairly non-descript website and I’m pretty sure it was posted from Germany; but of course everyone has a eBay shop these days! Perhaps it might be worth me doing a search on eBay...

thanks again!

Reply to Does anyone recognise this tap? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock