Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone know what I need? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon forum,

I’m in the midst of a mini disaster. My house is in the very final stages of a refurb, I arrived this morning to let the carpet fitter in and discovered a leak. It is coming from the bath waste where it connects to the internal soil stack. Fortunately it runs in some boxing above the front door. Upon investigation I can see that the rubber boss is perished a letting water. It seems there is no damage to the stack itself. But I can’t seem to find the correct replacement part. The existing waste is 40mm but could be changed to 32mm If necessary. The internal diameter of the branch connection is approximately 47mm and there is very limited access to this. I found a boss at Screwfix but the external diameter is approx 60mm. If you have any suggestions, I would be most grateful. Kind regards, Sean.
761EC60B-5420-4408-B696-6464BB463C3E.jpeg
5C956D04-2E62-4DF6-BD6A-69176561D540.jpeg

Try a different supplier. Annoyingly different manufacturers use different sized adaptors.
But dont down size to 32mm.

Reply to Does anyone know what I need? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi. I wish to combine the wastes from my bath and shower (Both 40mm) at the point they go out through the wall, then a 1.5 - 2 meter run externally across to the soil stack, with the 32mm sink waste dropping in about 250mm from soil pipe. Do I have to use 50mm waste externally for this? Not may...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock