Search the forum,

Discuss Does anyone have experience with steam shower cabins? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I bought a Vidalux steam shower cabin but my plumber wouldn't put it in because he said that it would leak. The company has really good ratings and it's going to be difficult to return. Does anyone have any experiences with these and would you agree with my plumber?

Has he stated why it would leak ?

We have had the misfortune to have to fit several of these.
Exactly as your plumber said the already piped up parts are thin plastic tube held together by jubilee type clips.
One arrived with a hole drilled in wrong position on base . Took 12 weeks to get a replacement from China!
Truly horrid things to fit we now refuse.

We have had the misfortune to have to fit several of these.
Exactly as your plumber said the already piped up parts are thin plastic tube held together by jubilee type clips.
One arrived with a hole drilled in wrong position on base . Took 12 weeks to get a replacement from China!
Truly horrid things to fit we now refuse.
Thanks a lot for the second opinion!!

Reply to Does anyone have experience with steam shower cabins? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find there are light leaks. Obviously I need to fix this so I got some Blue plumbers tape. Trouble is, the pipe doesn't stick out enough to easily wrap the...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock