Search the forum,

Discuss Does Anybody know what this device is on the cold water inlet to my combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I was wondering if anybody could enlighten me as to what the device shown in the attached picture is which is sited on my combi boiler cold water inlet prior to the junction for the filling loop.

My current thoughts were some prehistoric water filter / scale inhibitor.
Other thoughts were pressure reducing valve but it doesnt look like any others i have seen.

Regards
Paul S.

Attachments

• cold water inlet.jpg
    cold water inlet.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 82
Hi Chris,
Its a Worcester Bosch 28Si Mk2 which has been there for about 10years, but this was originally in place for an older combi boiler ( the make of which escapes me but french I recall ).
Regards
Paul S

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.
I remember now the original boiler was a Chaffoteaux & Maury Combination Boiler.

I was contemplating removing it ( no objection to replacing it with something more up to date / tidier ). This is because I want to install a Fernox TF1 Total Filter in the Central Heating return. The pipework and location of the "restrictor" is making locating the filter at the ideal point tricky.

Cheers
Paul S

Could be an old type scale reducer, if its on the main, used to put silfoss crystals in them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does Anybody know what this device is on the cold water inlet to my combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock