Search the forum,

Discuss Does anybody know any good Plumbing and Heating books I can learn from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hannah

Hello,

I started a Plumbing and Heating course in college due to health and saftey we had to be sent home after form filling in the first day because we've moved into a new building and it's not quiet finshed yet. So I have the rest of the week off and I can't ask my tutor about which books are the best to get!

So I thought you guys might be able to help me :tounge_smile:

So does anyone know any good Plumbing and Heating books I can learn from?

Thankyou :winkiss:

If you can find one somewhere, the old LeFevre gas manual was of value.
No use for modern stuff but the basic principles are still sound.

try plumbing by r.d treloar. mine is ten years old but sure there is an updated version.
covers ho****er and cold supplies, central heating, gas, oil, electric work, sanitation, drainage and sheet weathering. very good book suitable for nvq level 2 and nvq level 3.

This is a good start point Hannah. You'll find the HASAWA mentioned quite a lot. You'll also find it abused quite often too!

Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 ? legislation explained

Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) - Work equipment and machinery

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg401.pdf

Plus the UK Copper Board I told you about yesterday, if you sign up with them they'll send you a nice hard copy of their literature FoC.

Installation Tips Contents List

Thankyou so much croppie am going to look at them all now :)

Thankyou to everyone who has gave me a suggestion for books:) Slowing ploughing my way through websites and researching the books you've all suggested! :willy_nilly:

Thankyou to everyone who has gave me a suggestion for books:) Slowing ploughing my way through websites and researching the books you've all suggested! :willy_nilly:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions your needing help with on here! I'm sure out forum flirt (Croppie), will be more than willing to help ;-)

In all seriousness, don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you'd like advice on. There's a good bunch of blokes on here & some of them even know what they're talking about.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions your needing help with on here! I'm sure out forum flirt (Croppie), will be more than willing to help ;-)

In all seriousness, don't hesitate to ask if there's anything you'd like advice on. There's a good bunch of blokes on here & some of them even know what they're talking about.

Aww thankyou tom I will askmy questions because I've got so much things to learn :)

And I sure will as our flirty forum man croppie if I need something ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does anybody know any good Plumbing and Heating books I can learn from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock