Search the forum,

Discuss Dodgy plumbing update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muscle750

Well its been 3 months now and still on going to a point, You may remember we had an extension done with a plumber been subbed by the builder the builder in his quote quoted £820 for plumbing and materials after all the probs ive had which in the end resulted in me having to go throu my house insurance to remove the rubble they had let go down the stench pipe resulting in raw sewage backing up and coming up throu the floor downstairs. In november the plumber submitted a invoice for nearly £1300 i told him basically when he got something sensable to say to come back and i wasnt paying it, and i asked to see all the invoices for the materials he has just this week given me the invoices I have approx 13 pages of materials listed copies of the invoices from the suppilers etc
still adding up to around £1250 with his labour. I had to have the tiles replaced in the new bathroom already as they cracked the shower still turns itself on every now and then and ive still got a hole cut in the new paneling in the bathroom where they had to replace the dergo valve.
You may remember he ran the sink waste up hill on a 8ft run under the floor straight into the stench pipe instead of out throu the wall the sink was mounted on. and he put a load of plastic pipe straight off the bottom of the boiler which he said was only temporary to check the pressure which to me as it took him a day to build this what can only be described as a abortion of a job to me is total rubbish and he was hoping i didnt notice it. All the rubble down the stench pipe and the sink waste i have pics of. Ive offered to pay him the £820 which he doesnt want and says hes owed the invoice. Plus the builder who removed the tiles and put new ones down has used totally the wrong colour grout and it looks nothing short of bloody awfull as ive half the bathroom in one colour and the other half in another!!!!
Im going to call a meeting between the builder plumber and myself this week and sort this out once and for all. Any suggestions on what route i would take plus im obviously going to ask whose paying my £200 excess on my house insurance?

If i was in your shoes i would get a top quality builder to come and give me a price to rectify any building works that you are not happy with, a quote froma tiler to do the tiling to a standard which i am happy with, and a quote from a plumber to sort the plumbing out. I would get all of these quotes in writing. Once i had got a final figure i would add on my £200 excess, then call a meeting with these 2 rogue traders and put it to them that i have had numerous quotes and i will be contacting trading standards as the works carried out were awful unless you are willing to fork out to make it good!

You offering them £820 is a joke mate. I would not pay another penny!

Last edited by a moderator:
get trading standards in asap, and dont let these mugs take you for a ride!

legally they have to be given the opportunity to make the work good (up to standard).

If they then can't or wont, you have the basis for a small claims jobby.

Dont just boot them out. Follow the correct process and you can't get shot.

Put everything in writing at each step. whatever you agree, or they refuse at the meeting, or they claim, or you claim, WRITE IT DOWN and each sign it. Then it cannot be refuted later.

Hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dodgy plumbing update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock