Search the forum,

Discuss Do you recognise this pushfit? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

I am a DIYer and have recently bought a house. under the kitchen sink is a bit of a mess and I'd like to have a go myself. I have done some basic plumbing before and all I really want to do is move the waste closer to the wall and sort out the 'Ball of String' that is my hot and cold.

I intend to use JG Speedfit stuff but I don't recognise the stuff they have used before. How do I disassemble all this (Apart from a hacksaw)? I'm going to reuse the Copper pipe for the external tap and the small pieces of copper pipe for the Hot and Cold taps.

Thanks in advance,

IMG_2669.jpgIMG_2670.jpgIMG_2671.jpgIMG_2672.jpgIMG_2673.jpg

It's actually JG Speedfit but the original fittings, they've just yellowed with age - they must be about 20 years old. They have a protective cap over the locking ring. If you pull this back it'll just be like a normal speedfit release ring. Hope that explains it clear enough.

Reply to Do you recognise this pushfit? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
This is probably obvious but I want to replace the cartridge to stop dripping. I have done similar before but I cannot work out how to remove the tap head! i thought the hot/cold circle would pop out but no such luck and don't want to damage. can anyone help? Thanks Martin fix the caple
Replies
Views
I want to replace two of the flexible hoses that feed the shower mixer valve. I don't like how they have been bent at a right angle. All the fitting in our bathroom are these pushfit fittings. I don't know the brand. Fortunately, I have removed some sections of pipework in the bathroom and kept...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock