Search the forum,

Discuss Do the MCS courses have an expiry date when completed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoRiS HeAtInG

Was wondering like gas safe F gas etc do the MCS courses have expiry dates where they need to be renewed?

thanks

Kind of :)

What do you mean by the MCS courses? There are none as such.

As part of the MCS you have to show that you are / your Company is competent in a variety of areas, using experience and standard qualifications. So if your BPEC qualification for say Biomass has an expiry date of 2016, you'll need to renew it.

You can also of course go down the experienced worker route.

See the following documents:
MCS 001 - Issue 2.4 Installer Certification Scheme Requirements
MCS 025 MCS_Installer_Guidance_v1.0
for Biomass: MIS 3004 Issue 4.0 Biomass 2013.12.16 FINAL
MCS Scheme Matrix - 2014 11 21 Issue 2.0
All available for free from here: http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/mcs-standards/installer-standards

For example just to be certified for Biomass we have to show the correct competencies in all these areas:
Electrical
Heating
Plumbing
Biomass
and anything else our certifying body deems necessary e.g. Flues.

Simples :)

Last edited:
Ok so if I were to do the solar thermal hot water bpec persay would I need to renew it if my unvented ran out?

Ok so if I were to do the solar thermal hot water bpec persay would I need to renew it if my unvented ran out?

Yes to do Solar Thermal you also need, Water Regs and Hot Water Systems (aka Unvented G3).

Yes to do Solar Thermal you also need, Water Regs and Hot Water Systems (aka Unvented G3).

Sorry I think you miss quoted me, what I meant was once you've done the solar thermal qual would you need to renew it?

Most tickets now expire after 5 years and need to be refreshed,
This has crept in over the last few years and affects any of the GASSAFE/ OFTEC / HETAS / G3 / various BPEC QCF tickets etc.
This would meant that yes, the courses will expire after a set time.

Also if you are looking at MCS, you will need a range of tickets and also to be able to prove that you have been undertaking a certain amount of recognised CPD each year.

As pipes says :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do the MCS courses have an expiry date when completed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock