Search the forum,

Discuss Do sewage ejector/sludge pumps need to be run frequently? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We are building a new home in Pakistan and plan to have a basement with guest room and full bath. It being a guest room won't see much action most of the year.

Two different plumbing guys told me that sewage sludge/ejector pumps for basement sewage pit breakdown if not used frequently, so either I should run them manually once a week, or I should avoid getting the basement bathroom. Third-guy said he installs them all the time, and they're fine even if not used frequently.

Is it true that sludge/ejector pumps breakdown/fail if not used frequently? If so, whats the common cause of failure, sludge hardening inside the pump?

Reply to Do sewage ejector/sludge pumps need to be run frequently? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock