Search the forum,

Discuss Do sewage ejector/sludge pumps need to be run frequently? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

We are building a new home in Pakistan and plan to have a basement with guest room and full bath. It being a guest room won't see much action most of the year.

Two different plumbing guys told me that sewage sludge/ejector pumps for basement sewage pit breakdown if not used frequently, so either I should run them manually once a week, or I should avoid getting the basement bathroom. Third-guy said he installs them all the time, and they're fine even if not used frequently.

Is it true that sludge/ejector pumps breakdown/fail if not used frequently? If so, whats the common cause of failure, sludge hardening inside the pump?

Reply to Do sewage ejector/sludge pumps need to be run frequently? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there, First time posting here, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. First things first: I'm an idiot and I have no idea about proper plumbing lingo so go easy on me! I'm pretty cash strapped but I have a serious problem with my basement toilet and shower drain - dirty water is...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, -I would really appreciate your advice on whether it would be possible to have a gravity fed toilet, basin and shower installed in a my new layout upstairs? The detail: I currently own a two bed house (is actually a three bed on original plans) and want to covert it back to...
Replies
Views
Okay. So I have a ground floor shop and second floor flat for sale (potentially). No major need to get shot of them, but not a lot of point having them empty. I was practically born in that flat but no point being sentimental if I'm not intending to stay in Italy (except as a Brexit...
Replies
Views
    • Love
I've just found a load of old photos I took when I was an apprentice. Among them was this standard circulating pump that was installed on an unvented secondary return circuit. It should have been a bronze pump as I'm sure you know. I was called to re-install the unvented cylinder which was up in...
Replies
Views
I have just had a Salamander CT60BU negative head shower pump reinstalled after the previous same pump failed. The old pump initially after installation, would intermittently come on after use. This would occur every 10mins or so and then after time there was a period of an hour. after a week or...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock