Search the forum,

Discuss Do plastic pipe installs get more airlocks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbitp

As title, just a thought I had today & I thought you guys would know the answer? With copper, pipe runs can all be run so air will make its way up & out but does plastic pipe struggle in this regard. Reason I ask is because even if its clipped to allow air to escape properly the pipe is still wavy and retains some of the shape from being wound on a roll. Anyone have any experience/thoughts on this :confused5:

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated :24:(was looking for a thumbs up but this horse looked awesome haha)

only get airlocks if not installed properly wether its plastic or copper, the amount of times i have helped mates on sealed systems and the piping under the floor is not being installed properly is unreal. I am sure alot of plumbers think just because itspressurised it will not airlock.

the amount of times i have helped mates on sealed systems and the piping under the floor is not being installed properly is unreal.

Thanks, how do you make sure it has the correct fall/rise if its notched through joists? Do you pack behind the clips/use more underlay on one end of the run?

Just think about where your going with your pipe runs , if your shoving endless amounts of elbows on then odds in the pump will work harder and the flow of water will be less through joints due to tiny pockets of air that are locked . 50 % plumbers i have worked with totally dont install properly under the floor , as a friend said to me a while back 'how come your systems seem to get hotter better than mine' ?
i replied because you cant plumb !!!
simple answer to simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do plastic pipe installs get more airlocks? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, hope I can get some advice. I’m a gas safe engineer , working on a central heating issue, so I hope this in the the correct forum?? I was called to a job, where the customer has been having issues with the heating not working correctly and certain rooms not heating up. The customer...
Replies
Views
Hi folks We live in the sticks and sometimes have mice in the house. I even saw a stoat once in the loft! Most of our pipework is copper, but there are a couple of bits that are plastic which I'm going to have changed to copper while the plumber is here doing other work. It's not worth the...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major re-design/move of all of our hot water (megaflo), boiler and central heating system. I am not a plumber nor do I know much about plumbing but I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had F23 error on my Vaillant ecofit pure because of CH system. My rads are not heating up properly. I've replaced the 3 way mid position valve, and taken the head off the Grundfos UPS2 and cleaned out the impeller. I've run Sentinel x400 for 4 weeks now, prior to this I drained...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock