Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to renew my gas safe registration? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Been subbing for a company for a little while and have been added as an engineer on their gas safe account.

so do I need to renew my personal registration?

Would I have to have it got privates?

thanks to all helpful replies

Mo

If you want to do gas work for yourself, you need your own reg

Yes, you cannot work legally for your own jobs, unless you have your own gas safe registration.

Hi,

Been subbing for a company for a little while and have been added as an engineer on their gas safe account.

So are you an employee or a subbie?

If you are now classed as an employee you don't really need it unless you are planning doing work at weekends etc, then you do, employed or not.

If you are still classed as self employed you may find if you drop your gas safe you will no longer be subbing to anyone.

So are you an employee or a subbie?

If you are now classed as an employee you don't really need it unless you are planning doing work at weekends etc, then you do, employed or not.

If you are still classed as self employed you may find if you drop your gas safe you will no longer be subbing to anyone.

you can be a subbie under someone elses registration. It just does not allow you to do your own work , unless you have another regid=stration in your own right.

So can the main contractor use the registered guys to be GS Steve?

Yes. For instance. I am registered with another company for some contracted work and also registered personaly for my own work.

Didn't know that Steve. Anyone i've ever subbed to, first thing they want is a copy of your ticket and reg and your insurance so they can offload any blame.
For the sake of the price of a newspaper a day, i'd keep it regardless. (i also like my 4 digit number :wink:)

The other thing to bear in mind is if you do want to re-register anytime soon you'll have to pay the initiall application fees will you not. I am in the same boat mine is due this month but if I can I'll keep it but being employed I'm not sure they allow it. I know BG make guys surrender their own reg. numbers

I'd keep it up, it saves on hassle of getting inspected and costs. You never know whats round the corner at the present time. Also stops the company thinking they got a hold over you.

a company can write in to your contract that you ca not carry out work other than for them but i cant see how they can prevent you having your own registration i cant imagine gas safe would be happy with that either as they would loose revenue

I would question if I wanted to work for a company that stipulated this, what if you wanted to service your mums, or your your own boiler.

No reason you can't do your own boiler as it's not for profit and you've proved competence as you are registered at work. As long as you are not charging for it.

I read somewhere that a company you do work for can apply for their own registration using your details without your consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I need to renew my gas safe registration? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock