Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need bathroom pipes renewed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DB2000

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advise for my new bathroom. I have a cost estimate from a plumber which was significantly higher than I expected as I have requested a bath sink and shower fitted in the same place as the current ones. When I asked for details I was told the bulk of the cost was 3 days labour to renew all of the existing water pipes, so digging the current ones out of the wall and putting new ones in. I have never been recommended to do this before or know anyone who has, the plumber says it's a good opportunity to do this while the tiles are off the walls before its tiled again but the house was only built in 1973 so it seems strange to me. Any help or advise appreciated please.

If the pipes have been buried in the walls, i would defiantly replace them.

If I was undertaking this job,I'd definitely recommend this myself. You'd be gutted if you didn't take his advice, and a week later one of the old pipes started leaking.

It'll cost a lot more to replace them once everything is fitted and tiled.

The pipes are likely to be 42 years old! To me it makes very good sense to replace them whilst having your bathroom done.

as already said it's a no brainer to get the pipes changed given the opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do I need bathroom pipes renewed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
plumber has not fitted water supply pipes level to tiles in shower, one side is approx 5-7 mm out of line, can i fit some sort of extension to resolve?
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock