Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a vent for a basement toilet 24" away from the bottom of the stack? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

In the below picture the purple pipe is a 3" drain (soil stack)
the grey one is the bottom of the vent stack which I intend to relocate and reconnect to the white pipe via either the green pipe or the orange pipe

The grey pipe was connected to the toilet drain as in the picture for two possible reasons:
-it served as drain for a sink that was next to the left (you can still see where they cut the pipe and capped it)
-it served as wet vent (currently dry vent) for the toilet drain

My question is this: if the grey segment was not there would the toilet be OK being vented via the stack soil? It is 24" away from it (all purple is 3" copper, grey is 2" for 1ft above the slab and under the slab and then 1.5")

To me it looks like the toilet could be OK with just the soil stack as vent
Eventually I could connect the green pipe (new dry vent for the basement) to the white pipe

Current situation
9lMyMSs[1].png

9A1Hz8f[1].jpg

Depends where in Canada you are best speak to your local building / plumbing permits what they want / you need

Reply to Do I need a vent for a basement toilet 24" away from the bottom of the stack? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock