Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a new fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I bought and fitted a new dishwasher the other day, but after fitting the inlet water pipe and waste pipe I noticed the fixing that joins the waste pipe to the rest of the pipes (the multiconnector I think it’s called) seems to be leaking water out of the side as there’s a very small gap when I’ve screwed it back on.

Image attached.

Do i need a new fixing or have I not reattached it correctly?

Thanks

Do i need a new fixing or have I not reattached it correctly?

Thanks
Sarah

E739D401-4084-4310-94FB-33E004721655.jpeg

I think that’s a mark on the photo.

I also just screwed it on tight and end of the pipe comes out anyway so it’s not actually doing anything.

It could be wedged inside the fitting, where you screwing the nut on. Remove it. No place it on the pipe.
It goes: nut, red ring , black conical washer( flat side nearest the red ring, sloping side into the fitting

It could be wedged inside the fitting, where you screwing the nut on. Remove it. No place it on the pipe.
It goes: nut, red ring , black conical washer( flat side nearest the red ring, sloping side into the fitting

Great thank you, I’ll check and give it a go.

Found it underneath the kitchen unit! ‍♀️
Thank you very much - that’s solved it.

Reply to Do I need a new fitting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock