• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Do I have a faulty water meter ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

M Nelson

Like to change a faucet, turned water off at street meter. I am still getting water at house

L

Laura McFarland

I have a 3 yr old electronic meter. We did have a sprinkler system leak that was fixed in dec 2021 caught it bc high bill on an empty house. All of a sudden in jan/Feb high Bill's again 400-450 per gallons a day used..still vacant. 1300× gallons of water a day used. No running toilets they are cut off. No dripping faucets, no we areas, grass is dead n all crunchy. No wetness in house or water damage. Interesting thing, if I turn the water cutt off on just a little we get water but no noticable movement on the meter, if I turn it on full its 2 gallons a minute. The cities response has been you used the water. So I'm at a lose, can a plumber test the meter?

Reply to Do I have a faulty water meter ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net