Search the forum,

Discuss Diy wind powered water-pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am a end semester student and was sent in civil services on remote places in my city.
It was a rural undeveloped beach area, the people there mainly lives from selling solar dried beach salt.
I was thinkin to making wind powered pump that connected to some sprinkler in hope to make the salt dried faster.
Unfortunately i'm a noob at this enginering things, can i please humbly ask this kind community with a desain for this project.

A bit more information required please, is it a pump for sea water directly power from the wind ?
How much water & at what sort of pressure ?
Can you do a drawing of what you are trying to achieve please?

I am a end semester student and was sent in civil services on remote places in my city.
It was a rural undeveloped beach area, the people there mainly lives from selling solar dried beach salt.
I was thinkin to making wind powered pump that connected to some sprinkler in hope to make the salt dried faster.
Unfortunately i'm a noob at this enginering things, can i please humbly ask this kind community with a desain for this project.
Ok Unfeed ..it might help if you tell us on UkPF some more details please. I certainly will help you design your idea...others on UkPF will also help.
Question...1 .. Do you want a simple low technology device ?
Question...2 .. Where in this world are you ?
Answer these questions and I will certainly assist, I worked with the CAT years ago in
Uk and can pass on solid ideas
If you feed back Unfeed ...chking
[automerge]1570120059[/automerge]
A bit more information required please, is it a pump for sea water directly power from the wind ?

What do reckon Chris ..? if he is genuine then off we go hey ?

They usually take sea water directly by using man-carry waterbucket.
I think about using low cost material since the university only gave us 500.000 idr its about 35 usd and fill up the rest by join with my team.
The data that i gather so far is only the wind speed and their largest drying bed.
They have few 6x6x1m drying bed.
Thw wind range from 2.5 to 8 m/s daily

I dont have any solid idea at the moment, but i was thinking something along this line.
Windmill=>crankshaft=>manual pump=>sprinklers
I dont know if thats feasible though. Since i dont know the power needed to push and pull the lever.
Thanks for replying this chris

Last edited:
What sort of head will the pump require - what is the height between the sea level (low tide) and the drying beds, is there a wall around them that the pipe would need to go over, is that the 1m or are they filled with water to a depth of 1M ?
Does it matter how long it takes to fill each bed (within reason)
Why a sprinkler does it need to fill slowly, once full how will it be turned off or moved on to the next bed.
Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand what you have got & preparing the ground for centralheatking!!

E763533D-FF09-405F-903E-C1FCBCE72C6A.jpeg
It would appear that you want a robust low tech arrangement. I have seen some really good wind turbines based around a Ford Transit back axle...these are strong and spare parts plentiful maybe thinking along these lines might help. centralheatking

Reply to Diy wind powered water-pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock