Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Purge stacks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

Anyone got any pics looking for ideas got a few of my own . Going to use a old camera tripod 35mm pipe with t in and two Iso valves just wondered what everyone else has.

doing a job Next week where for some reason HSE are wanting to be there

also anyone heard of having to use nitrogen opposed to air for clearing line ?

Mines just a few pieces of 1" tube with unions on each end ( can set height ) connection wise anti flare device, flow meter, inline meter valve with quick connect to flex hose (working from the flare stack )

And yea we only use nitrogen but doesn't really matter tbh air is fine

Haven't got a pic sorry as its out being used but can draw if it you want

Mine was a length of 35mm with a blank on the bottom and a flame arrestor on top
Two tees with valves , one for the purge hose and one for the sniffer

I would doubt the HSE will know anything about nitrogen, may be best to have barriers, cones, fire extinguishers, signage, method statements etc
Do it early before they arrive then let them look at your gear

Was thinking same just can't get why nitrogen read through all my books and can't see as to why there Insistant

When you clear with air you make a potentially explosive mixture which you don't with nitrogen?

I only ever use nitrogen where there's angle grinders or welding happening on the pipework. You also need to ensure that its O2 free nitrogen.

However, I have indirectly purged using a compressor and the equation P=Plenty. ..

If you get a good pressure with the compressor it'll clear the gas with no problems. The important thing is taking a reading and proving that you're well below your LEL.

Thought you only had to use Nitrogen if you didn't achieve the correct purge volume in time or the purge was interrupted?

Be gentle I'm fairly new :smug2:

Thought you only had to use Nitrogen if you didn't achieve the correct purge volume in time or the purge was interrupted?

Be gentle I'm fairly new :smug2:

no normally you have to restart the purge if not right % / volume / time

Which is why I use my compressor set at 3 bar and the equation P=Plenty.

I just looked at IGEM-UP-2. Makes no reference to nitrogen that I can see, just indirect gas to air....

We used to use a rotameter (think thats right) before the flare as will show when air has left and gas is there.
Might be wrong with the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DIY Purge stacks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock