Search the forum,

Discuss Diverter shower head not working - pls help :) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Please can someone help me throw some light on a problem I have and how I can resolve it?

I have changed my electric shower (Triton T80 GSI 10.5KW) from a standard handset to a Ibergrif diverter with handset and rain head. Please see pictures attached.

However upon installation the handset allows for water to flow freely, but when switched to the rain head no water comes out of the head, the shower has also has incidentally caused the thermo cut off to break so I now need to replace that part as well.

I've seen these diverter shower heads attached to electric showers before and the Ibergrif product i bought said it was compatible with electric showers so where is the issue and how can i resolve it please?

I would like to mention the water pressure coming into the shower is quite good.

Any advice welcome?

Thanks

Attachments

• ben shower.jpg
    ben shower.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 10
  • ben shower 2.jpg
    ben shower 2.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 10
  • ben shower 3.jpg
    ben shower 3.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 10
:D it’s not designed for an electric shower and the other way around best put the one that came with the unit back on

I'm asking for advise on how to keep the new head not go back to my previous one. thanks.

The product states its compatible with electric showers. can you explain why it wouldn't be, that would help.

1. Instead of relying on ibergrif to state its compatible, why not ask Triton why it doesn't work.
2. The Triton shower you have has a maximum flow rate of 3.9 litres per minute. What is the requirement of the ibergrif head?
3. Your question may be "how do I keep the new shower head(s)". The answer will probably be you can't, because its not compatible.
4. Getting snippy with people who offer you advice isn't a great way to seek help.

1. Instead of relying on ibergrif to state its compatible, why not ask Triton why it doesn't work.
2. The Triton shower you have has a maximum flow rate of 3.9 litres per minute. What is the requirement of the ibergrif head?
3. Your question may be "how do I keep the new shower head(s)". The answer will probably be you can't, because its not compatible.
4. Getting snippy with people who offer you advice isn't a great way to seek help.

Hi Steadyon,

Thanks for your advice, I've actually tried something that just occurred to me which was to swap the two intake pipes around (as seen in the pictures) this has totally solved the problem. the water no flows freely... perhaps i should have tried that to begin with but just didn't occur to me then. Anyway appreciate your help above.

Further to your comment number 4, i find it odd when people respond with a negative overtone - the overriding tone of my post was that I wanted the shower head to work - but the response was 'go back to your original one' which to me is not positive nor helpful advise such as yours offered. I am not being 'snippy' just stating my opinion.

Thanks.

Reply to Diverter shower head not working - pls help :) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock