Search the forum,

Discuss Distance between wall and radiator? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everybody! I have a question: I have replaced old radiator(was leaking) using brackets from old radiator, it seems to me that radiator is too close to the wall. Please see pictures attached. Question is: is it acceptable to leave it like that? or there should be some rules for how much space there should be? New radiator i hanged came with no brackets as i bought second hand one but good condition. There is Brand new radiator downstairs, it has distance 10mm from the wall.

This is how close radiator is:
IMG_20221002_164059.jpgIMG_20221002_164122.jpgIMG_20221002_164136.jpgIMG_20221002_164529.jpg

This is the brackets i have use:

IMG_20221002_164215.jpgIMG_20221002_164250.jpg

This is how much space brand new radiator have that came with brackets.

IMG_20221002_164432.jpgIMG_20221002_164441.jpg

P.s Can someone tell me what brand that radiator is and what is suitable brackets i can buy for it if old brackets are not good.

Thank you for you help guys.

10-15mm depending on if you use the short or long and yes it matters as you won’t get good heat output from the rad

10-15mm depending on if you use the short or long
If radiator that flush with the wall is 600 x 1100, what the distance should be? Also can anybody identify brand of this radiator(i think its Wolseley CenterRad Compact) and suggest what brackets would be suitable?

I found Universal brackets on Ebay that are 3 Quid, also found Center Rad Brackets from Wolseley Website.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Either long side is 15mm more than the short side projection eg turning the brackets

It looks like your reused brackets can’t be turned (short/long).

Just get something to pack it. Cut a strip of 12mm ply the same length/width of bracket and put it between wall/bracket.

Yes they should be

I found those brackets from Wolseley, would they be suitable?
I'm not sure if the Wolsey brackets are much different from the one's you've used, in terms of distance from the wall?
A stupid question, but you haven't hung the radiator on the bracket slots nearest the wall by any chance!!?

Reply to Distance between wall and radiator? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock