Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A dishwasher was not emptying. Filters etc all clear. The owner removed the machines flexible waste pipe from the waste stand pipe saying there must be a blockage in the stand pipe. He poured drain cleaner fluid into the standpipe, refitted the flexible waste pipe and ran the dishwasher, all seemed fine. What I don’t understand is that if there was a blockage in the standpipe why didn’t waste water get pumped out the join between the flexible waste pipe and the standpipe, this was only a loose fit. Any one got any ideas.

It's more likely there was blockage in the dishwasher drain pipe, or it was kinked and removing it to pour cleaner down the waste has disturbed it.

Reply to Dishwasher issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that time – until now... The weekend before last, I thought maybe it was about time I tested it out running empty – it all worked fine and it drained ok...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
I've got a countertop dishwasher. It's an RCA, but it's made in the same place as all the other brands, including Magic Chef, Danby, etc., that have the first generation style design for countertop dishwashers. (the different brands put their own name on these particular identical Chinese...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock