Search the forum,

Discuss Dish washer intake almost fits in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I just bought a dish washer but I'm having trouble connecting the standard 3/4" inlet hose that came with it. As can be seen in this video:

It almost fits the installed faucet. The gap seems to be less than 1mm. The house was built in 1986, so I wonder if this was standard for washing machines faucets back then? Additionally, this faucet has never been connected to any other washing machine, so it's not a wear and tear problem.

Does anyone have a clue on what's happening here? Is there a reducer that can be used here?

Thanks in advance!

That tap thread is a fair bit smaller than the 3/4" washer fitting since you can push it on like that!
Maybe the tap is 5/8" BSP, in which case a 5/8" female to 3/4" male adapter would do it, such as:
You would need ptfe tape with the above if it doesn't have a rubber washer to seal to the mouth of the tap.

Or maybe the tap is some wierd metric thread🤪

@Basher: According to the page Understanding Pipe Threads - https://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/bsp-pipe-threads a 5/8" should have a diameter between 22.911 mm and 20.589 mm, but as you can see in the attached photo, it's more on the 24 mm park 😕 It seems to be something else

@WC1: Yeah, I'm in Portugal. I've already visited the plumbing section of a big home improvement retail store (Leroy Merlin) but the staff there didn't have any clue regarding this problem 🙁

Attachments

• 20211112_125029.jpg
    20211112_125029.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 10
@Basher: According to the page Understanding Pipe Threads - https://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/bsp-pipe-threads a 5/8" should have a diameter between 22.911 mm and 20.589 mm, but as you can see in the attached photo, it's more on the 24 mm park 😕 It seems to be something else

@WC1: Yeah, I'm in Portugal. I've already visited the plumbing section of a big home improvement retail store (Leroy Merlin) but the staff there didn't have any clue regarding this problem 🙁
It looks like M24 is around as a plumbing thread somewhere in the world.
(Just as an example - wrong fitting!) But concerned the pitch on your tap is not as fine.

Do you have, or could borrow, vernier callipers to measure the tap thread and its pitch accurately?

I'm thinking it still might be 5/8" BSP, despite the apparent measurement?

So went to very old-school plumbing store, but they also couldn't explain the tiny difference, so I ended up replacing the tap with a standard 3/4" and it's solved. I also don't have vernier callipers 😕
Anyway, thanks Basher and WC1!

Reply to Dish washer intake almost fits in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock