Search the forum,

Discuss Disconnect hot water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I need to disconnect the hot water to the kitchen tap to repair a leak but there is nothing under the sink. We have a tank upstairs:
Also, I followed this video but after loosening the screw with an Allen key, the handle will still not come off. I managed to stop the cold water.

Any advice welcome, thanks.

Attachments

• 1660645005279.jpg
    1660645005279.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1660644726969.jpg
    1660644726969.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 9
If you’ve turned the main stop tap off then the hot water should stop after a few mins of running as there off the same main

If you’ve turned the main stop tap off then the hot water should stop after a few mins of running as there off the same main
I've turned the stopcock off and let the hot water run but even after 5 minutes, it was running full flow. It does stop the cold water to the whole house though so I'm pretty sure it's the stopcock. Will the hot water stop after the tank becomes empty?

Should of stopped by then, is there a blue pipe before this stop tap ?

Reply to Disconnect hot water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock