Search the forum,

Discuss Disappointed in hot water supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a new central heating system installed a year ago but whilst the radiators seem okay I am not happy with the hot water supply. I live in a bungalow so the boiler is on the same level as the radiators. When I turn on the hot water tap I have to run off what seems like at least a gallon of water before any warmth is felt. Is there an adjustment of any kind on the boiler (Greenstar CDi Classic) that can improve the system please?
thanks in anticipation

1. What sort of boiler did you have before? The CDi is a combi boiler so no hot water cylinder.
2. Did you have a hot water cylinder before?
3. How far is it from the boiler to the hot water outlet(s)

Almost certainly the wait for hot water is caused by:
a. The need to push out cooled water from the length of pipe connecting each hot outlet to the boiler.
b. Plus the time required for the boiler heat the water in the primary side of the secondary heat exchanger.

There is no boiler adjustment to reduce the wait time.

It’s normally to run off a bit of hot water due to that water in the pipe going cold since you last used the same tap

You could reduce the diameter of the hot water pipe between the boiler and your tap(s) to reduce the cold water content if this was not already done when the boiler was replaced?

From another angle, the benefits of this product are being massively overstated. But might also help solve your problem. Yet to fit one myself. They seem expensive, but, if they work...

:D they don’t work as you’ve still got the cold water in the line to remove

It’s exactly like a pre heat device just slows the water down until the water inside the boiler gets upto temp but you still have the leg to draw off

Reply to Disappointed in hot water supply in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock