Search the forum,

Discuss Direct unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi having trouble finding a local plumber to fit a direct unvented cylinder.
Advertised on 3 board's but with no response.
I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
This is for hot water only not heating.
Kevin

I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.

I think you will be hard pushed to find a reputable engineer with the right qualifications to supply and fit for £1000. Depends on the quality of cylinder you opt for I suppose.

Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.
To be fair I didn't just pull a price out of the air, I specified exactly what needed to be done. Tank in place, pipework in place, electrics in place.
4 bits of pipework and a hole in the wall.
£1000!!! Loadsa money!!!

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock