Search the forum,

Discuss Direct unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi having trouble finding a local plumber to fit a direct unvented cylinder.
Advertised on 3 board's but with no response.
I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
This is for hot water only not heating.
Kevin

I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.

I think you will be hard pushed to find a reputable engineer with the right qualifications to supply and fit for £1000. Depends on the quality of cylinder you opt for I suppose.

Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.
To be fair I didn't just pull a price out of the air, I specified exactly what needed to be done. Tank in place, pipework in place, electrics in place.
4 bits of pipework and a hole in the wall.
£1000!!! Loadsa money!!!

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct unvented cylinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock