• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Digital manometer. B in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

stings27

Gas Engineer
Hi all.
Probably should have posted in tools , but who has one ? Was thinking of investing but I’m still a little ‘ old school’

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
How 'Old School'?

You sound like your 'Pre - Old School '

Which is Prehistoric!!

Take the leap and upgrade yourself with a new toy.

Be warned, the accuracy of them can cause you grief with pressure drop and gain due to changes in temperature and sunlight on the gas line.

You'll never look back when you get one

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Stick to what you know I say.
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
What am I missing here isn't it part of you fga's functionality? Pita though, I still prefer manual when doing a tightness test.

Knappers

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I use my FGA but keep the U-gauge handy incase it's required 😉.
I did once struggle to find a fault with digital as all seemed OK but something didn't seem right so got u-gauge out and was immediately clear that pipe was waterlogged. Digital had been smoothing out, pressure bouncing all over.

Pssst

Plumber
Gas Engineer
They do say that water never lies. The trouble is of course that the quality of some manometers these days is pretty poor. I recently ordered one and when it arrived, it had a semi opaque plastic tube. What use it that? tubes should be crystal clear. Digital is also good for making assessments of tightness with larger installations.

Reply to Digital manometer. B in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net