Search the forum,

Discuss Diagonal Heating Zones!! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Hope someone can help.

I have dual zone heating in my new build. I have a TPOne-M downstairs and a TPOne-B in the master bedroom upstairs. When I turn on the heating using the downstairs TPOne-M it heats up half of the ground floor, kitchen/diner, hallway and then 2 of the bedrooms upstairs (diagonally upstairs, not the bedrooms directly above the kitchen/diner). If I then turn on the heating in the master bedroom using the TPOne-B in that room, it heats up that room and all the rooms on that side of the house, but not two of the rooms on the opposite side. It also then heats up the living room downstairs which is diagonally positioned to the master bedroom. How do I change this so that it's a simple choice between upstairs (one zone) and down stairs (second zone)

so the downstairs is two large rectangles, one is a kitchen/diner the other a living room (both the same size), split by a hallway (narrower rectangle) and stairs leading up.

the upstairs is 2 bedrooms above the living room and another 2 above the kitchen/diner with a family bathroom over the downstairs hallway.

Tbh your fecked best to put it all on one zone and live with it won’t comply with building regs but will work or go with a evo home system and have electronic trvs builders won’t pay for that as not cheap

why fecked? if they just need to work where the tank etc is, no?

Nope rip all the floors or ceilings out it’s plumbed / piped wrong to the rads

Nope rip all the floors or ceilings out it’s plumbed / piped wrong to the rads
Looking at the plans the radiators boiler and tank etc are all in the correct place, if the house builder builds several of the same type (model) of house (which they have) then surely it's a mistake where everything joins together in the cupboard upstairs.

The boiler is in the utility room Baxi heat assure, directly above it on the first floor is the tank cupboard containing a therma evocycl cylinder plus a small red tank and a small white tank, all the pipes running to the radiators must be in the same place, no?

Nope as the zone pipe work is in / under the floor so all the houses are the same / have your problem

1664380662241.jpeg

For example

See that radiator pipe work is separate to each zone so if there’s a rad on the wrong zone / mismatched all the pipework would need altering under the floor

Ceiling will likely have to come down

What ever needs doing then its the developers responsibility they should instruct their heating contractors to correct the mistake ? , They are often slow to react to the problems be persistent but polite you have done well to diagnose the issue , are the manifolds visible or accessable? can you see the motorised valves with possibly a silver box on top ? a few pictures may help if the contractor has access to the manifolds? it could be quite simple to swap 4 pipes over once identified, or it may mean removing a floor covering and taking up a section of floor for access, worst case it's a section of ceiling may need to be removed. Regards kop

What ever needs doing then its the developers responsibility they should instruct their heating contractors to correct the mistake ? , They are often slow to react to the problems be persistent but polite you have done well to diagnose the issue , are the manifolds visible or accessable? can you see the motorised valves with possibly a silver box on top ? a few pictures may help if the contractor has access to the manifolds? it could be quite simple to swap 4 pipes over once identified, or it may mean removing a floor covering and taking up a section of floor for access, worst case it's a section of ceiling may need to be removed. Regards kop

Attachments

• IMG_20220929_094430019.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094430019.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220929_094428066.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094428066.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220929_094409777.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094409777.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220929_094401799.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094401799.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220929_094253545.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094253545.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20220929_094356315.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094356315.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 21
Looks ok but a question would be what type of plastic pipe have they used for the d2 / unvented safety discharge

Needs to be mupvc or pushfit

Can’t be normal waste pipe eg abs / pvc

Looks ok but a question would be what type of plastic pipe have they used for the d2 / unvented safety discharge

Needs to be mupvc or pushfit

Can’t be normal waste pipe eg abs / pvc
Thanks could you rephrase that with red tank , white tank, left or right...about the level of my experience 😊 so I can point it out to them, thank you...

yes not a problem

White pipe coming out the floor plastic around 11/2 dia

3rd from the right going to the left

That would be flux hot water and a green and yellow scrubbing should take it off

Have reported it to the developer, another question and apologies in advance if it sounds strange or the answer is obvious.

If i set the heating to 19 degrees on the TPOne and the temperature is 18.0 the TPOne make a click sound, a radiator symbol appears and this causes the boiler to fires up and the radiators get hot the boiler then switches off once the radiator symbol disappears on the TPOne.

However every time the temperature drops to 18.5 the TPOne make a click sound, the symbol appears and the boiler fires up, there is a click sound from the boiler and the sound of gas burning the ENTIRE time the heating symbol is on the TPOne. In our previous house with an older system and a megaflo tank, I never recall the boiler firing up every single time. Is this how newer systems work. On occasion within 30 minutes the boiler fires up several times, isn't there meant to be a store of water somewhere or is this entirely normal for a 2 zone system. The only difference in the old house was the make of the tank (megaflo) and boiler from my inexperienced eyes! It's really annoying and surely not good for the boiler...?

Last edited:
One of your heating eg rads is calling for heat eg it shouldn’t happen let’s say if you turn the stats down to 16 once the house is heated

One of your heating eg rads is calling for heat eg it shouldn’t happen let’s say if you turn the stats down to 16 once the house is heated
but otherwise normal for the boiler to fire each and every time when heating is called for....so if you set the heating to come on for an hour if it fires up 10 times in that hour it's ok?

Yes as it’s keeping the internal temp to the lost heat

There are ways to control this better the TPone can operate in open therm , check with your electrical contractor I'm quite sure the Baxi assure is compatible also . Google open therm for a detailed guide of how it works and how best to use it . Kop

Heat only

Reply to Diagonal Heating Zones!! in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Hi , recently moved into a DWH Barrett home , 3 bed house . The heating is zoned but in one bedroom only upstairs with the other bedrooms controlled by downstairs . Totally pointless system . Have contacted NHBC building control who signed this off and investigating as i feel they are not in...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock