Search the forum,

Discuss DHW getting too hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Evening all, I have a WB greenstar heatslave 18/25 external oil boiler. A few weeks ago the DHW started to get overly hot out of our taps, almost to the point of scalding. I checked the thermostat hadn't been turned up for any reason but it appeared fine. I turned it down though wondering whether the hotter weather was causing the cold water feed to enter the boiler slightly hotter than normal temperature. This did make a difference and the hot water out of the taps was now more bearable but the fire valve keeps tripping. I changed the fire valve incase that had also gone faulty but always assumed it was tripping due to excessive heat within the boiler housing, its still tripping so my theory must have been correct. The thermostat is now almost completely turned down as far as possible and the water is still slightly too hot.

Is the DHW stat likely to be faulty or more likely to be the high limit stat?

Reply to DHW getting too hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock