Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt or Makita?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

No doubt a popular question? Dewalt or Makita?

Just finishing my NVQ and need to invest in some decent power tools...and importantly which manufacturer to kit up with.

Which is your preference and why???

Thanks! :)

Makita for me But Bosch for sds

I’ve never had an issue with dewalt except all mine being stolen about 2 years back

I think dewalt have the edge over Makita and I use Hitachi myself so my opinion is unbiased. Between the guys I work with we all have different gear, we've got Bosch, hitachi, Makita, metabo, dewalt and one cheap idiot who uses ryobi :rolleyes:. Maybe it's just me but I find Bosch and metabo abit gutless, but you can't go wrong with the other 3 brands. Just think about what gear you want to have and then find the best package that comes with it all.

Price if your setting up is essential, go round car boots see whats there...some good stuff in old fellas garages, My Makita SDS is 10 year old on its second set of brushes been really used even with
4 inch core bits thro all kinds of stuff inc. cornish granite upto 3 ft at 18mm dia. centralheatking

Try not to buy from unknown sources, chances are you're feeding the turds that'll nick the stuff out of your van. @ ShaunCorbs, thought you were a Millwaukee man?

Price if your setting up is essential, go round car boots see whats there...some good stuff in old fellas garages, My Makita SDS is 10 year old on its second set of brushes been really used even with
4 inch core bits thro all kinds of stuff inc. cornish granite upto 3 ft at 18mm dia. centralheatking

Quite right Rob however at car boots there is an awful lot of stolen stuff. I would say stay well away from anyone with more than a couple of things to sell.

I know I'll get the hiss taken out of me I know, but if I were starting out, I'd buy Lidl or Aldi cordless tools.
Yes seriously.

They work brilliantly and have a 3 year warranty. No specification about DIY use either.

When you consider you pay up to TEN TIMES more for a 'name' then its simply vanity...

A great example is that I used to use exclusively Bosch multi tools. When the third died after 2 years of service & the bvggers wriggled out of replacing I thought s0d it & bought Parkside. Its been 3.5 yrs now for £35 and never missed a beat...

Quite right Rob however at car boots there is an awful lot of stolen stuff. I would say stay well away from anyone with more than a couple of things to sell.

I know I'll get the hiss taken out of me I know, but if I were starting out, I'd buy Lidl or Aldi cordless tools.
Yes seriously.

They work brilliantly and have a 3 year warranty. No specification about DIY use either.

When you consider you pay up to TEN TIMES more for a 'name' then its simply vanity...

A great example is that I used to use exclusively Bosch multi tools. When the third died after 2 years of service & the bvggers wriggled out of replacing I thought s0d it & bought Parkside. Its been 3.5 yrs now for £35 and never missed a beat...
Totally agree about Aldi and Lidl...plus BQ have de listed 20,000 items off their inventory so far and end of line gear inc power tools are really cheap...got a Bosch PKS 16 Multi for £10.00 the other day
centralheatking

Either but dont buy the screwfix stuff. There ok for diyers but once you start using the trade style they are gutless.

Check all the specs and buy the best you can afford

Try not to buy from unknown sources, chances are you're feeding the turds that'll nick the stuff out of your van. @ ShaunCorbs, thought you were a Millwaukee man?

I have a few Milwaukee eg hole hawg hackzall etc but my main bulk eg Combi and impacts are Makita, with a couple of Bosch sds (18v,36v)

Yes seriously.

Not even the beans do what they say on the tin :)

Some diy power tools have a design life of about 10 hours..and it works diyer buys it sticks in garage does a few jobs back in garage
2 hours work max. each year and when it goes lala he is happy
...had this 3...4 years great get another. That is the amount if work
my drill did on its first day. centralheatking...Aldi Lidl ace stuff
Parkside is a trading name for ...? I will find out. centralheatking

Your signature seems a little familiar...?
I am not sure what you mean, but centralheatking and Rob Foster are one and the same ...I had to re start last weekend due to
a facebook glitch and a UKPF re format. So re reg under
centralheatking ....lou and Dan know what happened
regards

We have just put Parkside thro the mincer...they appear to be
Austrian...which fits in with Aldi Sud and Lidl centralheatking

I have a mix of stuff. I buy the best I can afford when it needs replaced. Starting off if I could not afford one I would rent it as I needed it.

Top tip if you buy Dewalt ... make sure you register the new tools on their site or you will miss out on the 2nd and 3rd year warranty

Reply to Dewalt or Makita?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock