Search the forum,

Discuss Dewalt hammer drill chick stuck. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know how to open the as I have a drill bit stuck in it that I cannot get out. This has happened before and I have been able to get it open with my hand and on some occasions with grips but this time It just stalls.

Stick the drill bit (with drill) in a vice then grab the chuck with grips and try turning to open.

Tried it and still cannot get it open . Even been giving sprays of wd40 every day and tapping it but no cigar as of yet

Can you get at the teeth / jaw eg the bit that holds the bit in

Flat headed screwdriver and tap them in a bit / give them a tap should undo then

Not completely off, leave the bottom half of the chuck intact and the allen screw holding the chuck exposed. Don't cut that off or you are fcuked.

Reply to Dewalt hammer drill chick stuck. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock