Search the forum,

Discuss Delta O2 "Touch" kitchen faucet question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

6 years old. Never a problem until it sprung a leak recently. Took the solenoid apart, cleaned things up, put it back together and no more leak.
So that is not the issue. In fact, there is nothing wrong with it now but I would really like to understand how the darn 'touch' 'off' toggle works. It has me stumped. Referencing the images below... (3) shows how the water enters (4) shows how the white and black parts mate and the diaphram that, when pressurized stops the flow, and (5) shows the cylinder that houses the black and white parts. (1) and (4) show the bottom and top of the black part respectively. (2) shows the small rubber tipped piston and (5) shows where the piston goes. When the solenoid is energized it pushes the piston up and gently (there is a spring between the solenoid plunger and the piston) up against the small port shown in (5).
Somehow when the port shown in (1) is sealed off it causes the diaphragm (on the other side) to press against the base of the white part and stop the flow(I think). Also, I have no idea what part the larger opening just below the small port (1) plays.
If anyone has any thoughts on this (good, bad, indifferent) I would love to hear them.

o2 all.JPG

Attachments

• o2 all.JPG
    o2 all.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 2

Reply to Delta O2 "Touch" kitchen faucet question in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock