Search the forum,

Discuss Delay In Responses To Threads. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Just noticed that in the new posts it says that there is a new reply. But when you click into it there is nothing there.

Just wondered if the new posters are moderated and the system knows they've responded but its waiting approval.

Noticed it a couple of times.

Noticed it a couple of times.
Me too. I've studied the phenomenon and concluded that posts that are selected for moderation appear as 'new' on the What's New page before they can be read by standard users, which I think is a bug in the forum software.

Some posts need to be approved before they are displayed

Some posts need to be approved before they are displayed
Cheers Lou, thought it was that. But it shows there's a reply on the new posts list whilst its waiting approval. Thought I was going crackers

I've noticed the above where a new post shows in a thread and it's not there.

It's not just new posters that are Moderated
All my posts in the Electrical Forum initially show as awaiting moderation nowadays, it can be anoying when the post later appears in the thread out of context.
I write replies to a post and quite often delete them when the Awaiting Moderation comes up.

Last edited:

Reply to Delay In Responses To Threads. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock