Search the forum,

Discuss Dehumidifier draining into sump pump in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I just replaced my basement sump pump with a Wayne WSS30VN, 200 ah battery, and Pump Spy control. Everything is working well. All pipes and valves were replaced. It drains far away from the house and nothing is flowing back into it. I had an idea of how often the previous pump ran from listening to it, but now I actually have data from the Pump Spy. I have a 70 pint dehumidifier that drains into the sump pit. When the AC isn't running, the dehumidifier runs frequently. The sump pump cycles an average of 22 times a day when the AC isn't running and around 15 times a day when the AC is running (and obviously dehumidifying). My question is, do the extra sump pump cycles caused by the dehumidifier drain cause a significant issue? I am happy to put in a small dedicated condensate pump for the dehumidifier. I could mount it in a way where it would drain into the sump pump if it ever failed. Thoughts?

Fail to understand why it runs more with a/c off than it does with a/c on?
Anybody enligthen me?
Unless the second pump would save on electricity I fail to see the point of installing it, it is just another pump to fail.

Fail to understand why it runs more with a/c off than it does with a/c on?
Anybody enligthen me?
Unless the second pump would save on electricity I fail to see the point of installing it, it is just another pump to fail.
Thanks for the reply. My assumption my 5 ton AC running does a major amount of dehumidifying, so the standalone dehumidifier has a lot less work to do when the AC is running.
It wouldn't be to save electricity. Just to lower the number of cycles on my sump pump. I'm not sure if that amount of extra cycles would shorten the life a significant amount of time. I hear you on the issue of adding another failure point. I would mount the dehumidifier pump right above the sump pump so it would drain in the sump pit if it did fail.

Reply to Dehumidifier draining into sump pump in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock