Search the forum,

Discuss Defies the laws of physics??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning
Two years ago I installed a toilet cistern with the internals shown in the pictures. For the last couple of days the cistern has started filing up very slowly occasionally kicking in to full speed. I have stripped it down a little to find the fault and noticed that the Grey floating valve shown in the pic with the three components is not rising enough to allow full flow, yet when I open the cold tap on the nearby basin (effectively lowering the pressure to the cistern) the valve pops up and allows full flow again. How can this be?? The less pressure to the valve the more the valve rises, my mains pressure is between 3-4 bar, I'm stumped with this one. Can anyone offer any help please.
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Normal needs the fill valve changing yours is a siamp you can swap or upgrade I like fluid master personally

The less pressure to the valve the more the valve rises, my mains pressure is between 3-4 bar, I'm stumped with this one. Can anyone offer any help please.

IMO, it's not worth wasting time trying to fix/diagnose problems with faulty float valves. Replace it and move on. My go to replacement is the Fluidmaster Pro (with a brass shank).

I'm fairly sure it's not the laws of physics that are being broken. Maybe the mains pressure is distorting the plastic just enough to cause something to stick?

Reply to Defies the laws of physics??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock