Search the forum,

Discuss Deep Reach Sockets For Taps? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Looking to buy some Extra Deep Sockets for use on taps instead of box spanners..The fixing bolts on the taps in my house are 8mm and 10mm, so I was wondering what are the other common sizes? Trying to decided whether to buy a full set of if I only really need a couple?

Yeah, I think that's the route I am going to go down..

I was hoping to find 1/4" drive sockets that were deeper than the usual 50mm, but it looks like that is the standard size for 1/4" drive deep sockets..

You will have one disadvantage with sockets though, - a socket has heavier metal (wider) than a box spanner, which might make the taps with copper tails close tight to nut difficult to get a socket onto when removing or tightening old taps.

Reply to Deep Reach Sockets For Taps? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock