Search the forum,

Discuss De scaleing DHW heat exchanger with brick acid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buster gonads

Has anyone used brick acid to de scale one [its a baxi 105e] and if so how did you go about it and did you dilute it, atb, buster.

being that you wouldnt be allowed to use hydrochloric acid to do this as an employee, why would you as a self employed/diyer who has no idea. just leave well alone as you may wish to look at what happened to the 2 lasses who had some thrown over them recently, they wont ever be pretty again.

used it but not again to risky and it made my nose hurt standing over the bucket I put it in .been told spirit of salts on here but not tried it.how much is tha kamco and how good is it

On balance, its not worth the hassle and the results are not always satisfactory. Just fit a new plate heat exchanger.

If the tap is going hot cold hot how do we know if the plate is full of sludge or scale !?

closed as the op,s question is ridiculous ,dangerous ,and totally stupid just buy a new hex you tight git

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to De scaleing DHW heat exchanger with brick acid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate tank. There is a thermostat on this second tank that pushes hot water over to the store tank when it's hot. It's a closed loop and goes through a heat...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just tried to repair a very old Mira 8 shower unit. However, when trying to remove the brass cover plate it's completely scaled up and it won't budge any ideas on how to free it up. We did think about trying to heat up the bass cover plate but we are concerned about the silver outer...
Replies
Views
Hi all New Diverter valve going in mid week ( subject to eng being available) and from my previous discussion, the dhw plate heat exchanger could also be causing the bypass to lift. So I have sourced a potential replacement dhw plate heat exchanger to go in at same time, but the original part...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock