Search the forum,

Discuss De-aeration function in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning, I have a Baxi 830 installed not too long ago. I was going to run the inbuilt deaeration function to see if it reduces some of the clanging clicking from pipes. May be daft question but should you run the deaeration function when system is hot or cold? Or make no difference?

Won’t help in heat expansion noises

Thanks all, just the living room radiator and pipes leading to it through kitchen mainly. Makes the normal creaking when heating up, but on the cool down for about half hour after heating turned off it's loud clangs. Maybe it is pipes contracting on cool down just seems louder with new boiler, even though the CH temp/pressure is same settings as old boiler. Tried bleeding that radiator but no air coming out at all and heating up evenly anyway.

Also when the CH water reaches its temperature and the burner turns down it makes a noise that can only describe as like an aeroplane passing in the distance, low hum steadily decreasing in frequency for about 10 seconds. Assume this is the fan stopping? Noticed this as soon as the boiler was put in couple months ago but seems to be louder now than it was, can hear it faintly in bedroom when heating on first thing in the morning. Wasn't sure if de-aeration would have any affect on this. Its not loud just because its deep, can hear throughout the property faintly

Boiler and radiators are all otherwise spot on. Just minor irritations (possibly to the neighbours too as live in a flat)

Reply to De-aeration function in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock