Search the forum,

Discuss Dauntless Elite W.C. replacement syphon. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Evening gents,
Has anyone ever come across one of these?
It's a horrible looking thing but I have been tasked with replacing the syphon on it, it's far from a standard syphon as the hole in the top will not take any other button than the one already there, the syphon works with a cantilever.... Oh sod it, I'll post some pics :)
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
The stupid chromed button, pushes a stupid rod that lowers the end of the stupid see-saw which lifts the other end and pulls up the stupid diaphragm.
My guess is that this stupid loo is possibly older than me.

I've not took it to bits yet because I only want to do it once and the customer is a lovely old dear who I want to disrupt as little as possible. I'm pretty sure the diaphragm has ripped but if it's something else I would like the bits needed to hand.
Because of the stupid colour a new exposed cistern would look bad so back to the original question.
Anyone know where to source parts for this?

I fit a lot of turbo 88, in fact it's the only one we use except in some compact cisterns.
I'd always wondered what the other hole was for.

Ol
Evening gents,
Has anyone ever come across one of these?
It's a horrible looking thing but I have been tasked with replacing the syphon on it, it's far from a standard syphon as the hole in the top will not take any other button than the one already there, the syphon works with a cantilever.... Oh sod it, I'll post some pics :)
View attachment 22684
View attachment 22685
The stupid chromed button, pushes a stupid rod that lowers the end of the stupid see-saw which lifts the other end and pulls up the stupid diaphragm.
My guess is that this stupid loo is possibly older than me.

I've not took it to bits yet because I only want to do it once and the customer is a lovely old dear who I want to disrupt as little as possible. I'm pretty sure the diaphragm has ripped but if it's something else I would like the bits needed to hand.
Because of the stupid colour a new exposed cistern would look bad so back to the original question.
Anyone know where to source parts for this?

Ah .

The council house toilet cistern. When broken, normally accompanied with toilet full to the brim!

Well, the biggest Turbo 88 I could find was 9 inches and it's too short, the current one is 12 inches from the cistern bottom to the tip of the nipple part on top, looked at an adjustable one and that maxes out at 9.5 inches.
I'm not sure if that measurement is from cistern to top of the syphon or if it's the water depth, gonna have to send Dudley an email on this one I think..

Last edited:
I phoned Dudley today to make sure the 10'' Turbo 88 would fit this loo and sadly it won't.
I'm sure it's the diaphragm so I'm just going to cut a new one. When I've done this before I used damp course membrane to cut the new diaphragm from, what do you guys use if you make your own diaphragm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dauntless Elite W.C. replacement syphon. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock