Search the forum,

Discuss Dark stain on wood floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CPMacD

I spotted this dark stain on my wood floor around 3 weeks ago, last time the underfloor heating was on was in December. Yesterday I switched it on again and it seems to be getting bigger. The stain is dark, no cupping or crowning, no sign of water or moisture. Any ideas whether it's a chemical reaction or an actual leakage please.The flat is 8 years old and the wood plank is in front of the door where the water cylinder and manifold are. Thank you.

Could be leak, could be steam, generally when wood darkens it's because being heated, if it's expanding there is moisture, if not then should be fine.

It would be better if you would have provided the pictures but as per your story. You should contact the underfloor heating expert because they encounter these types of problems on daily basis. I was also facing a similar type of problem but it takes a few moments for the experts to diagnose the problem. For your ease, you can contact Suntask Ireland

Reply to Dark stain on wood floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock