Search the forum,

Discuss Dark stain on wood floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

CPMacD

I spotted this dark stain on my wood floor around 3 weeks ago, last time the underfloor heating was on was in December. Yesterday I switched it on again and it seems to be getting bigger. The stain is dark, no cupping or crowning, no sign of water or moisture. Any ideas whether it's a chemical reaction or an actual leakage please.The flat is 8 years old and the wood plank is in front of the door where the water cylinder and manifold are. Thank you.

It would be better if you would have provided the pictures but as per your story. You should contact the underfloor heating expert because they encounter these types of problems on daily basis. I was also facing a similar type of problem but it takes a few moments for the experts to diagnose the problem. For your ease, you can contact Suntask Ireland

Reply to Dark stain on wood floors in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a situation where I have had a water pipe burst under a solid concrete and tile floor. The gas and water pipes were laid right next to each other in...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi all. I noticed today that some stains have appeared on my downstairs hall ceiling, just beneath the en-suite - there is a large sort of brownish or rust-coloured patch just about where the shower tray is and then a much paler patch over to the right, roughly below where the toilet pan sits...
Replies
Views
My son has just moved into a ground floor flat in a five-storey mansion block in London, built in about 1905. The bathroom is being renovated and he has found two old pipes, one around 4 inches (I think) in diameter, the other a bit smaller, that are a mystery. They come down from the floor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock