Search the forum,

Discuss Danteat leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

64degrees

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Got a customer who’s insurer is insisting they install a leak detection system due to a previous claim. Wondered if a) anyone’s aware of what’s involved (mains only or every outlet)
b) if they have to use danteat
c) could I meet the requirements rather than get them in
The insurers have offered to cover some of the cost of installation, just seems like a bit of a sales pitch.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for this - have had a noodle on the Internet and there seems to be a few different options, some promoted by insurance companies. Can’t see why they’d need multiple detectors at various outlets, would have thought a single shut off on the main incoming would suffice. Seems like up selling to me. They haven’t booked the survey yet, I’ll post the outcome for reference, doesn’t seem like many people have come across this before.

Reply to Danteat leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock