Search the forum,

Discuss Danesmoor 15/19 oil boiler replacement, back boiler and solar collector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

At some point in the near future will replace our trusty old Oil fired Danesmoor, hopefully a new boiler will fit better in the kitchen units and lose the vertical flue. A plumber has suggested he fit a Firebird with a 10 year warranty, thoughts ?

Also wondered if that would be a good time to hook in a wood burner back boiler and possibly solar water heater. What other plumbing 'gadgets' would I need to make all that work please? A mate of mine has an old big box in his cupboard that joins it all together.

As Simon says an external boiler is a great option if you’re looking to clear up space. I have installed quite a few Firebirds when I used to install and always liked them, others opinion will vary. If you want solar thermal, stove and oil then again I agree with Si, thermal store is what I’d suggest. This is going to be quite a costly installation though so get a few references and quotes from notable installers, if done properly by a good engineer this will future proof your house for many years to come.

Reply to Danesmoor 15/19 oil boiler replacement, back boiler and solar collector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact same boiler. It has a riello r40 burner and non condensing 85% efficient boiler... Oftec say it wouldn't be compliant and would have to contact Building...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock